The Law School is very selective with less than 15% of total applicants accepted for admission during the past five years. All applicants for admission to the law School, including those with Masters or Doctorate Degree, must sit for and pass an Admissions/Aptitude Test administered by the Law School. Such applicants must also have earned a grade point average of 2.700 or above from a university or college recognized the Louis Arthur Grimes School of Law and the University of Liberia, and must have demonstrated scholarship evidenced by his or her undergraduate college record. Beginning students are admitted only at the start of each academic year. No pre-law study is required. Students from non-English speaking countries must present proof that they have sat and successfully passed the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL). Each candidate for admission is required to complete and submit an official application form available at the School along with his/her official transcript, two letters of recommendation and a career statement. All other General Admission requirements for admission to the University of Liberia apply to applicants to the Law School.
A person seeking admission to the law school should observe the following application process:
- Visit the website of the law school (lagsl.edu.lr) and download the application form from the home page.
- Compete the application form by filling it with the information needed.
- Obtain all the necessary documents required by the application form
- Proceed to the business and finance office of the University of Liberia to pay the non refundable application fees as specified in the application form.
- Submit the completed form along with the required documents and receipt.